Friday 30 September 2011

An internal view


Today the postman came bearing a package marked private and confidential. I should have guessed what it was but the contents still took me by surprise. The CT scans and my final Xray came on three separate disks which also carries the viewing system allowing me to see sections of my body and move through it. Of course it's all in black and white and I haven't a clue what I'm looking at - but I'm impressed.

The final Xray I thought I'd share with you - probably quite against the rules and infringing copyright. But hey, it's my body so what the hell!

You can see the tremendous effort the remaining upper lung lobe is going to to occupy the available space and you can also see the staples - titanium I understand - which were used to staple up the various bronchial tubes which of course are now surplus to requirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment